Sunday, July 5, 2009

lessons learnt

2nd major lesson learnt: never ever disturb the silence within the vicinity of a funeral, no matter how far the distance

it was unintentional. We were looking for a place to jam and the only free spot was metres away from a Chinese funeral. At first i didn't feel good about the place but in my tiredness and really there was no place to sit. So we sit there. The longer i sat there, the more i felt that i had to leave. Again i thought it was my imagination and weakness.

But something did happen. I was really scared out of my wits, even now, as i'm typing.

But after this incident. I learnt 3rd major lesson: i was reminded we are all created in the image and likeness of God thus we shouldn't be afraid - by my good non-Christian friend.

And i learn to be closer to God. Like Saint Paul, no matter what the circumstances are, still he remained steadfast to Jesus. Still he "pursued" the life of holiness.

Still i reach out my hand to Jesus, no matter how fearful i am, no matter how i feel that i'm pulled down further into the the fearful darkness of the paranormal because i believe i will touch the Hand of Jesus and i will allow Jesus to Pull me away from my fear.

I had learnt to thank God more by even updating a ministry website that hasn't been updated for a long time which I keep thinking that no events = no updates. However i remembered that i used to type out Gospel passages to "fill in" when i cannot update any event.

There's a beautiful reflection today about suffering. That i will learn how to carry my cross in silent appreciation and not reject it.

And i'd also realised last night when i came home reflecting that even the smallest sin can seperate us from God, leaving us totally vunerable to anything.

all it took was one night of paranormal encounter which i will not describe but to get out of this fear as soon as possible.